- Start of Gediz – Abide Int. Highway, Bor – Kemerhisar Ring Road, Ilgın – Tuzlukçu Highway, Beyşehir – Derebucak Highway, Osmancık – Dodurga Highway, Bafra – Ünye Motorway and Anamur – Kaledran Special Viaduct Projects, Turkey.
- Tekfen Engineering reached 500 people exceeding 750.000 engineering man/hours.
- Tüpraş awarded Tekfen Engineering for Vacuum Off-Gas Treatment Project in İzmit, İzmir and Kırıkkale Refineries.
- Tüpraş İzmit Refinery LPG-Merox Project started.
- Engineering Framework contract with SOCAR signed.
- Çekmeköy – Sancaktepe – Sultanbeyli and Hastane – Taşdelen – Yenidoğan Metro Final Design starts in Istanbul, Turkey.
- Start of Marmaris – Bozburun Highway and Yunak – KGM 4th Reg. Dir. Border Highway Projects, Turkey.
- Tekfen Engineering moved to its new state of the art Kağıthane Office.
- Data Gathering for SOCAR HAOR Modernization&Reconstruction Project started and finished in record time.
- Tekfen Engineering signed the contract for the FCC Unit Revamp Project in Tüpraş İzmir Refinery.
- Start of Supervision and Consultancy of Çanakkale 1915 Bridge and Malkara – Çanakkale Motorway, longest suspension bridge in the world, with 2023-m-long main span.
- Start of Afyon – Burdur High Speed Railway (131 km) Preliminary and Final Design, Turkey. First HSR line design civil and electromechanical works included.
- Start of Bodrum Ring Road, Muğla – Kale Highway and Ağva – Kandıra – Kaynarca Highway Projects, Turkey.
- Completion of Final Design of Funicular Connection to Vadistanbul Mall.
- Completion of Final Design of İzmir Esbaş Station – New Fair Area Monorail Line, Turkey
- Completion of Ashgabat – Turkmenbashi Motorway (344 km) Final Design, Turkmenistan.
- Feyyaz Berker, one of the founding partners, passes away.
- Setting up Qatar Branch of Tekfen Engineering.
- Start of Final Design of İzmir Esbaş Station – New Fair Area Monorail Line, Turkey
- Start of Al-Khor Expressway Final Design and As-Built Drawings, Qatar.
- Completion of Çanakkale – Savaştepe (139 km) Motorway Tender Design for BOT for State Highways Authority in Turkey.
- Completion of motorway supervision and consultancy of State Highways Authority, 2nd Division Directorate, İzmir, Turkey.
- Completion of Sefaköy – Başakşehir and Söğütlüçeşme – Libadiye Monorail Lines Tender Design Work.
- Tekfen Engineering started FEED for Kurdamir & Tophkana Gas Fields development project for Repsol.
- Engineering services for Trans Anatolian Natural Gas Pipeline (TANAP) Compressor and Metering Stations started.
- Tekfen Engineering signed the contract for the FCC Unit Revamp Project in Tüpraş İzmit Refinery.
- Toros Facilities, Ports Extension and Modernization Project started.
- First owner’s engineering project is awarded. Turcas Kuyucak Geothermal Power Plant also becoming first renewable energy project for Tekfen Engineering.
- Tekfen Engineering is awarded by AKSA for the 370 MW Emergency Power Plant Project in Ghana
- Start of Ashgabat – Turkmenbashi Motorway (344 km) Preliminary and Final Design, Turkmenistan.
- Start of North Road Service Roads Enhancements Final Design and As-Built Drawings, Qatar.
- Start of Final Design of Funicular Connection to Vadistanbul Mall.
- Completion of Kınalı – Çanakkale (180 km) Motorway Tender Design for BOT for State Highways Authority in Turkey.
- Tekfen Engineering supported Tekfen Construction in Shah Deniz Stage 2 Project by assigning a team of 3D designers to the field and finishing the project earlier than planned.
- Start of Sefaköy – Başakşehir and Söğütlüçeşme – Libadiye Monorail Lines Tender Design Work, first monorail projects in Turkey.
- Start of first motorway supervision and consultancy project of Tekfen Engineering, State Highways Authority, 2nd Division Directorate, İzmir, Turkey.
- Start of Merzifon – Koyulhisar (235 km) Motorway Project for State Highways Authority in Turkey.
- Baku Olympic Stadium project started in Azerbaijan, later bringing BIM design award to Tekfen Engineering.
- Tekfen Engineering has been awarded by Botaş for Technical Feasibility of North Marmara LNG Storage facility Expansion Project.
- İzmir Refinery CDU Revamp project signed with Tüpraş.
- Port Sudan Strategic Depot LPG Storage project starts in Sudan.
- Tekfen Engineering signs contract for Batman Refinery Hot Oil System revamp project with Tüpraş.
- First EPC project together with Tekfen Construction- Toros Fertilizer Samsun facility new Sulphuric Acid Plant design and PAP-NPK units revamp project started.
- Tekfen signs contract for South Yoloten Gas Field Development Scheme in Turkmenistan.
- Tekfen signs contract for Tüpraş Residuum Upgrading in Turkey.
- Tekfen Engineering signs contract with Tüpraş for Kırıkkale VDU Unit revamp project
- World’s largest slurry pipeline project started for OCP in Morocco.
- Modular designs of steel structures started for Quip-Petrobras in Brazil.
- Rumelia Oil Field Development project starts together with Tekfen Construction in Iraq for BP
- Necati Akçağlılar, one of the founding partners, passes away.
- Tekfen signs contracts for Fabrication of Topsides & Drilling Facilities &Integration of Living Quarters(18.500 t) and New Management Office of Socar in Azerbaijan.
- Start of Kınalı – Çanakkale (180 km), Çanakkale – Savaştepe (139 km), Ankara – Dumlupınar (257 km) and Dumlupınar – Manisa (243 km) Motorway Projects, Tender Design for BOT, for State Highways Authority in Turkey.
- Completion of Azeri, Chiraq, Guneshli Onshore Terminal Phases 1,2,3 in Azerbaijan.
- Completion of Samir Refinery, Upgrade Works, Morocco with over 25.000.000 manhours without DAFWC.
- Completion of Otogar – Kirazlı LRT and Kirazlı – Başak Konutları & İkitelli – Olympic Park Metro Lines Supervision and Consultancy Works.
- Completion of Kabataş – Mahmutbey Metro Line Tender Design Project.
- Completion of Bursa Light Rail System, Section B in Turkey.
- Completion of Çiftehan – Pozantı Motorway, Viaducts and Tunnels Project.
- Tekfen Engineering signs contract for the Tüpraş İzmit Refinery Methenator Unit Project.
- Tekfen signs contract for Primary Routes, North Road Project in Qatar.
- Tekfen signs contract for Maaden Wet Phosphoric Acid Plant Project in Saudi Arabia.
- Celebration of the 50th Anniversary of Tekfen Group.
- Petro Rabigh Refinery Project, Civil & Mechanical Works take off in Saudi Arabia.
- Yenikapı – İncirli, Bakırköy İDO – Kirazlı, Bakırköy – Beylikdüzü and Kabataş – Mahmutbey Metro Lines (totally 65 km, 49 stations) Tender Design Projects take off in Istanbul, Turkey.
- Start of Otogar – Kirazlı LRT and Kirazlı – Başak Konutları & İkitelli – Olympic Park Metro Lines Supervision and Consultancy Works, the first metro supervision work of Tekfen Engineering.
- Completion of Yenikapı – Bağcılar Metro Line Preliminary Design Work.
- Maritza- East 1 Thermal Power Plant Construction Works take off in Bulgaria.
- SAMIR Refinery Upgrade Project takes off in Morocco.
- Another challenging project in Azerbaijan: Process, Compression, Water Utility Platform (13.500 t), Topside Fabrication Works Project starts in partnership with Azfen.
- BursaRay B: Construction works of the 2nd Phase of the Light Rail System for Bursa City is awarded to Tekfen – Siemens – Tüvasas Consortium.
- Completion of Yenibosna – Beylikdüzü LRT Line Preliminary Design Works.
- IPLOCA 2004 Environmental Award for Tekfen’s Sangachal (Azerbaijan) & BTC (Ceyhan-Turkey) schemes.
- STB 1 Barge Upgrade Work Project takes off in Azerbaijan.
- Atyrau Refinery Rehabilitation Works take off in Kazakhstan.
- Completion of Sugözü Power Plant Project in Turkey.
- Tekfen receives BP’s HELIOS Award on ‘Promoting Human Development Through Training and Recruitment’ theme for its achievement in Sangachal Terminal Expansion Project.
- “Sangachal Onshore Terminal Main Construction Works” take off in Azerbaijan in the framework of Azeri – Chirag – Guneshli Full Field Development Project.
- Tekfen signs contract for “Ceyhan Marine Terminal Onshore and Offshore Construction Works” in the framework of Baku – Tbilisi – Ceyhan Crude Oil Pipeline Project.
- Completion of Istanbul Ataturk Olympic Stadium Project.
- Completion of Otogar – Bağcılar – Başak Konutları Metro Line, Preliminary Design and Supervision in Istanbul, Turkey.
- “Onshore Safety Award” of International Pipeline & Offshore Contractors Association (IPLOCA) goes to Tekfen for its outstanding performance in 2000.
- Completion of Susurluk – Balıkesir Motorway Final Design (62 km) for State Highways Authority in Turkey.
- Ankara Metro Stage III (Batıkent – Sincan – Törekent Line) Project starts in Ankara, Turkey.
- Yenikapı – Bağcılar Metro and Yenibosna – Beylikdüzü LRT Lines Preliminary Design Works take off in Istanbul, Turkey.
- Completion of Fergana Refinery Modernisation Project, Uzbekistan.
- Completion of Istanbul Metro Phase 1 Project, Turkey
- Start of Çiftehan – Pozantı Motorway, Viaducts and Tunnels Project in Turkey.
- Sugözü Power Plant Project takes off in Turkey.
- Afsin Elbistan Power Plant, B Unit Project takes off in Turkey.
- Restructuring of Tekfen Holding under four groups:
-“Agri – Industry”,
-“Finance and Services”,
-“Real Estate Development”.
- Start of 80.000 seat Istanbul Atatürk Olympic Stadium Project, Turkey.
- Start of Tekfen Tower Project in Istanbul, Turkey.
- First Engineering Frame Agreement signed with Tüpraş.
- “Cotton Spinning Mill” of Papfen, a joint venture between TEKFEN and the Ministry of Light Industry of Uzbekistan, starts production.
- Start of Fergana Refinery Modernisation Project in Uzbekistan.
- Start of the “Azeri section” of Baku-Supsa Crude Oil Pipeline Project for Azerbaijan International Operating Company (AIOC).
- Completion of Sangachal Terminal Project for AIOC in Azerbaijan.
- Start of Susurluk – Balıkesir Motorway Final Design (62 km) for State Highways Authority in Turkey.
- Start of Aydın – Kuyucak Motorway Preliminary and Final Design (70 km) for State Highways Authority in Turkey.
- Izmit Gulf Crossing Pre-Bid Design, Turkey
- Strategic Planning for Metro and LRT Network in European Side of Istanbul, Turkey.
- Completion of Izmit Unicracker and Associated Units Project for TUPRAS, Turkey.
- Tekfen Engineering work quality is certified with ISO 9001.
- Otogar – Bağcılar – Başak Konutları Metro Line, Preliminary Design and Supervision takes off in Istanbul, Turkey.
- Completion of Susurluk – Balıkesir Motorway Preliminary Design (62 km) for State Highways Authority in Turkey.
- HMB starts a large package of on-and-off-site works in Leuna 2000 Refinery Project, in Germany.
- Start of Wafra Tank Farm, Eight Welded Crude Oil Storage Tanks Project for KOC, Kuwait.
- Completion of the first section (124 km) of Tarsus – Adana – Gaziantep (TAG) Motorway, Turkey.
- Istanbul Metro Phase 1 Project takes off for Istanbul Municipality, Turkey.
- Start of Susurluk – Balıkesir Motorway Preliminary Design (62 km) for State Highways Authority in Turkey.
- Completion of Izmir Refinery, Hydrocracker and Associated Units Project, for Turkish Petroleum Refineries Corporation (TUPRAS).
- Acquisition of Hallesche Mitteldeutsche Bau AG (HMB), one of the largest construction companies of the former German Democratic Republic (GDR).
- Tschernoretschje, Samara, Military Housing Project takes off in Samara, Russian Federation.
- Atasehir Satellite Town Project takes off in Istanbul for Emlakbank, Turkey.
- Thomson-Tekfen Radar Co., Inc. is founded to manufacture “Three Dimensional Long Range Mobile Radars” for Turkish Air Force.
- Start of Tarsus – Adana – Gaziantep (TAG) Motorway Project (258 km) for State Highways Authority in Turkey.
- Start of Sinanoba Satellite Town Project for Emlakbank, Turkey.
- Completion of Yumurtalık – Kırıkkale Crude Oil Pipeline, Tank Farm and Pump Stations Project for BOTAŞ, Turkey.
- Al Jubail – Riyadh Water Transmission System, Line C Project takes off for SWCC, Saudi Arabia.
- Tekfen Engineering Co., Inc. is established as an independent entity to meet the design and engineering needs of turnkey projects.
- Completion of Naphta Steam Cracking Plant Project for Petkim Petrochemical Co., Inc., at Aliağa, Turkey.
- Completion of Riyadh Water Transmission System, High Point Terminal Project for SWCC, Saudi Arabia.
- Start of 14 x 380 kV Transformer Substations Project for Turkish Electricity Authority (TEK).
- Tekfen Foreign Trade Co., Inc. is formed as an international trade house.
- Start of Riyadh Water Transmission System, High Point Terminal Project for Saline Water Conversion Corporation (SWCC), the first job in Saudi Arabia.
- Toros Fertilizer Plant starts production.
- Start of construction works for Toros Fertilizer and Chemical Industry Co., Inc. at Ceyhan, Turkey, a new company of the Group established to produce high-grade compound fertilizers, NPK and MAP.
- Start of activities abroad: Tekfen signs contract for Fahaheel Expressway Project in Kuwait in partnership with American Companies.
- Tekfen Holding Co., Inc. is founded as the umbrella organization to coordinate the activities of the various Tekfen companies.
- Tekfen Manufacturing and Engineering Co., Inc. is established to manufacture steel storage tanks, pressurized vessels, drums, columns, reactors to serve the hydrocarbon industry.
- Tekfen Construction Ltd. transforms into a corporation under the name of Tekfen Construction and Installation Co., Inc.
- Completion of Batman – Dörtyol Crude Oil Pipeline Project for Turkish Petroleum Corporation (TPAO).
- Allied Lighting Industry and Trading Co., Inc. is established as a joint venture between Tekfen Industry and Trading Co., Inc. and N.V. Philips to produce fluorescent lamps.
- Tekfen Industry and Trading Co., Inc. is founded to produce incandescent lamps under TEKFEN brand name.
- The three partners establish Tekfen Construction Ltd., the company name being created by combining “Teknoloji” (Technology) and “Fen” (Science).
- Feyyaz Berker, Nihat Gökyiğit and Necati Akçağlılar form an engineering company.