ISTANBUL ATATURK OLYMPIC STADIUM PROJECT
Olympic Committee of Turkey
İstanbul / TURKEY
- Istanbul Ataturk Olympic Stadium, an assertive project to support the city’s Olympic goal was built with the highest international safety and construction standards.
- The architects of the complex are Michel Macari and Aymeric Zublena who had previously designed Stade de France/Paris to host the 1998 World Football Championship.
- The Stadium’s two state-of-art steel roofs (2,800t and 1,300t) were produced by Tekfen’s Steel Structure Fabrication Plant in Adana. The west roof designed in the form of a crescent and principally composed of a 1,000t main beam called mega-truss is supported by two reinforced concrete shafts with 196m span.
- With its 134 entrances and 148 exit gates, the Olympic Stadium allows 80,000 people to evacuate within 7.5 minutes in case of any emergency. Two annex (warm up/training) fields are connected directly to the Olympic Stadium with an underground tunnel.
- 42,200m2 commercial andservice/facility center is situated under the west roof with a frontage of 450m and 6 floors (3 below ground).
SCOPE OF SERVICES
- Detailed design of all civil works for main stadium blocks, annex stadium and training stadium, two supporting pylons of the main roof truss, pre-stressed and precast concrete elements, underground gallery and network
- Preparation of steelwork shop drawings and lifting studies for erection purposes